By Nanette (Plot 214)
- 2 cups of sifted (wholemeal) self-raising flour
- ½ cup of seedless raisins or dates
- 1 cup of milk
- ¾ cup of raw sugar
- 2 eggs beaten lightly
- 1 cup of grated zucchini
- 1 cup of grated carrot
- 100g melted butter
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Blend raisins or dates with milk, vanilla essence and eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to liquid mixture then add carrot and zucchini.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place into non-stick loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 175 Celcius. For 40 -45 minutes or until loaf is cooked through.
- Turn out onto a cake rack to cool.