A living wreath that grows? Sounds like fun, this is how to make one.
You will need:
- a wire wreath frame
- sphagnum moss
- fishing line
- bobby pins
- rooting hormone
- Get some succulent cuttings. ( If you haven’t got any ask friends and relatives.) Look for different colours.
- Spread cuttings out to dry for a few days, till a scab forms on the end.
- Wet the sphagnum moss for 5 minutes and then stuff tightly into wire wreath. Wrap with fishing wire, turn over and cover the wire with moss and again tie down.
- Use a pencil to make a hole in the moss, dip succulent in rooting hormone and poke into hole. Secure with bobby pin. Repeat till the whole wreath is covered making a pretty pattern.
- You can lay it flat or hang it up. Make sure it receives some sun and spritz it with water occasionally. Have fun and enjoy your wreath.