By Gael (Plot 234)
- 1 large bunch ice-cream
- 315 ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 75 gm sugar
- 315 ml cream
- Violet food colouring (optional)
- Crystallised violets (see method under Kids’ Corner)
- Wash violets and put them in saucepan with milk.
- Scald gently over low heat, cover and set aside for 10 min.
- Strain and discard violets.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar together and add milk and stir over low heat until thick. (If it curdles whip well with rotary beater.)
- Beat cream till thick then fold into custard.
- Add few drops of food colouring if desired.
- Pour into chilled freezer trays and place into freezing compartment.
- Stir a couple of times during freezing.
- Decorate with crystallised violets to serve.
More details on violet here.