By Gael (Plot 234)
- Leave your potato on the windowsill till it starts to shoot.
- Place your pot in a warm sunny position.
- Fill pot 1/3 full of soil or compost.
- Push your potato into the centre of pot.
- Cover with 1cm of soil.
- Water so the soil is damp but not wet.
- Once green shoots emerge, add more soil but leave some green shoots still showing.
- Remember to water your potato as it grows so that is just damp.
- When the leaves start to die off you can harvest your potato.
(Takes about 60 to 70 days.)